- It’s free and much easier to setup
- WordPress.com uses the software that you can download at WordPress.org.
- You get URL like mysite.wordpress.com and 3 GBs of space for storing your data and image files.
- Everything is taken care of – setup, upgrades, spam, backups, security
- WordPress.com has a range of free designs but it does not allow uploading of additional design themes and plugins.
- You can not monetize your WordPress.com blog. Advertisements are definitely not allowed.
- WordPress.com show ads on your blog except if you buy an Ad-free Upgrade ($29.97 for a year).
- For advanced individuals, WordPress.com offers paid upgrades for features such as domain name ($17 for a year), customizable CSS design ($30 for a year), more space ($289.97 for a year for 100GB) and upload of audio and video files.
- You can not modify HTML, PHP code, or content of a theme. File Transfer Protocol(FTP) access is not included.
- Your blog is on hundreds of web servers, so it’s highly unlikely it will go down due to traffic
- Your content are backed up automatically
- You get more website traffic from blogs of the day and tags
- You can find like-minded blog writers using tag and friend surfer
- Your login is secure (SSL) so no one can get into your account if you use wi-fi
- Needs more technical knowledge to set up and run
- On WordPress.org you get the software and have the complete control as well as flexibility.
- You have to handle backups
- You can possibly install themes and plugins, you can run any advertisements that you desire, you can modify the database, CSS and PHP codes.
- You can download the software for free but it should be installed on a web hosting server to work.
- You are responsible for preventing spam
- You need to upgrade the software yourself when a new version comes out
- If you get a huge spike in traffic, your website may go down except if you have a robust web hosting setup
Kung ang dahilan mo kaya ka magba-blog ay para lamang ilabas kung ano ang iyong nararamdaman, sa wordpress.com ka na…Pero kung gusto mong kumita at gawin ang kahit anong gusto mong gawin sa iyong blog, mag-wordpress.org ka.